To improve the recyclability of a train, it is necessary to:
– Use homogeneous materials that are compatible with recycling systems;
– Choose materials with a view to reducing the impact of product waste;
– Reduce the quantity of consumables;
– Work on assembly methods to facilitate dismantling – Select parts that are easy to repair or replace;
– Increase the service life of components and optimise maintenance to reduce the amount of spare parts needed;
– Establish dismantling manuals, that list the elements to be dismantled for recovery.